You were hurt in an accident in Sacramento. It could be a car accident or a construction mishap, but if someone else is liable for your losses, you deserve to seek compensation. The laws in California are pretty straightforward and inclined towards victims, but recovering money from the at-fault party or the insurance company won’t be easy. You need a legal team to represent your side, and if you have never worked with an injury lawyer, you can learn more here.
- Lawyers don’t ask for a consultation fee for reviewing injury claims. Several components of a claim must be established for a win. You are required to present evidence, and the burden of providing proof is on you. If you are wondering whether you have a case, consider seeing a lawyer who wouldn’t charge anything for checking the facts.
- Lawyers cannot guarantee anything. You cannot expect an injury lawyer to promise an outcome. Your lawyer is as interested in the settlement as you are, but not everything is in their control. In fact, this is one of the foremost red flags you need to watch for.
- Lawyers have the resources. Depending on the accident, you may need medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and private investigators, among others. When you hire an attorney, you can use their pool of resources. Because lawyers deal with such cases all the time, they have everything ready to take the matter ahead.
- Lawyers take a fee if you win. The contingency arrangement is the standard norm for most personal injury claims. Your lawyer can demand their payment only when you win or settle the case. The fee may vary between firms in Sacramento, but typically, it is common for attorneys to charge 33% of the final amount.
- Lawyers are required to be communicative. You need updates on the case. It can often take several months to win or settle a claim, and you can expect the lawyer to share details as and when necessary. However, you should also have access to them and must be able to get answers to your questions.
There is no one way of winning an injury claim. The approach and strategy are critical; an attorney can help you find the best way to pursue things further. Make sure you find a lawyer who is well-versed in similar cases and can also fight for you at trial if the circumstance demands.